Sunday, March 21, 2010

In Lieu of a Title...


Ahhhhh... A refreshing week off.

And for the most part, I actually did what I planned on doing. I got more sleep. Come to think of it, I'm not sure I remember the last time I saw the sun come up on a weekend...

Certainly didn't this time around!

Today I'd like to talk to you about: [voiceover] Books [/voiceover].

Been reading quite a bit lately. Certainly more than I have in the past couple months, which frankly, is rather Odd for me. Been reading books from the "Dragonriders of Pern" series of books by Anne McCaffrey. Really good books, the ones I've read. Though I can't seem to get my hands on the Original Trilogy at my local library, but the different parts of the series are stretched across many centuries, so it's not required to understand them at all. Not like the TV series Lost, or Prison Break, which, if you come in in the middle of them, well, the former describes it perfectly. You'd be lost.

Another one I've been mulling over right now is the sociological-introductory book "The McDonaldization of Society". Wow. Just, Wow. Not even through it yet, and you can really see and understand the examples that Ritzer give in this book... Pick it up.

Anyways, enough of my ramblings for tonight...

Words cannot describe...

1 comment: