Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Observations II

Last Sunday, I mentioned that I had some Observation Days coming up at my old grade school. Well, I've done two days of it (only 4½ Hours, though) of observation, and I must say, my former teachers had an amazing amount of patience...

On Monday, I went and sat in on one of the First Grade classes for an hour 'n a half. Those kids do not need extra sugar... They were bouncing off the walls at times. I also sat in on a Kindergarten class for about an hour that day. They were (surprisingly) more mature than the first-graders, it seemed.

Today, say in on the Fourth Grade class of Mrs. Johnson. This is a dedicated teacher. She was my Fourth Grade teacher, so you know she's been around for a while. I knew some of the students from outside of the school (mostly from Scouts), so she enjoyed the opportunity of regaling them with a story of my time in her class... Whoo boy...

But all in all, this has been a very interesting experience. I do have to do a few more hours, and need to do a few more by next week, so I do need to get on the ball.

Words cannot describe...

No comments:

Post a Comment